Wellington Rugby League (WRL) is the local sporting body responsible for the administration of rugby league in the Greater Wellington region. The board is responsible for developing and leading the strategic plan, including setting the priorities and performance criteria in order to help maintain and grow the game of Rugby League in Wellington.
WRL currently have three board vacancies for appointed members to complement the current board which is made up of independent and club representatives.
We invite applications from those who have:
- Experience in governance
- Good working knowledge of Rugby League in Wellington
- Leadership qualities to assist the current board and general manager to create opportunities for rugby league to grow in the region.
Additional skills and experience sought are:
- Strong financial expertise
- Legal knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Strong commercial and community connections
- Understanding of the sporting sector
Currently, WRL is an action-oriented board and seek applications from those who have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude to join the team and make things happen for Wellington Rugby League.