By Richard Becht, Vodafone Warriors
Auckland, New Zealand, November 28, 2018 – Vodafone Warriors CEO Cameron George today announced halfback Shaun Johnson has requested and been granted a release from the last year of his contract in 2019.
George said the release was effective immediately.
“Yesterday (head coach) Stephen Kearney, (recruitment manager) Peter O’Sullivan and I met with Shaun and his manager Peter Brown,” he said.
“During the meeting Shaun clearly demonstrated to us that he didn’t want to be at the club in 2019.
“While it’s disappointing it has come to this, we must acknowledge the contribution Shaun has made to the Vodafone Warriors. We’re proud of what he has achieved at the club and wish him the best for the future.”
Johnson finishes his Vodafone Warriors career with 917 points from 162 appearances.