JOB TITLE: NZRL Rest or Aotearoa 16s Girls Trainer
HOURS OF WORK: This is a voluntary role that requires a commitment of some weekend work and a camp for the campaign.
APPOINTMENT TERM: One (1) year plus an additional one (1) year pending campaign review.
REPORT TO: National Coaching & Development Manager and Head Coach, Head of Women’s Rugby League and LeagueSmart Manager.
New Zealand Rugby League:
Rugby league has played a significant part in New Zealand sport for over 100 years. Formed in 1910, New Zealand Rugby League (NZRL) is the governing body for the sport of rugby league in New Zealand. With a commitment to growing the female game, providing positive experiences and opportunities for youth female players to participate in rugby league. The NZRL Rest of Aotearoa 16’s s Girls representative teams contribute to the female pathway, which leads to and includes the NRLW and NZRL Kiwi Ferns.
The successful candidate will be appointed in the role of NZRL Rest of Aotearoa 16’sGirls team trainer.
New Zealand Rugby League goals:
Through our “More Than A Game” philosophy, NZRL aspires to transform lives and community wellbeing through Rugby League.
Underpinning this philosophy is The Kiwi Way.
We are diverse, we call New Zealand home, and therefore we are all Kiwis.
We are inclusive, respectful and humble
We are responsible
We are innovative and courageous
We are family first
We live and play The Kiwi Way every day
The trainer is required to facilitate sessions in a manner that minimises the risk of injury and promotes athlete wellbeing. They will also work very closely with the coaching staff to ensure that training sessions are co-designed to meet the desired outcomes. The trainer must also mentor the players in nutrition, training, prehab, rehab, and general lifestyle decisions that meet the NZRL gold standard.
The Trainer position will cover the NZRL Rest of Aotearoa Girls campaigns.
KEY INFORMATION & DATES:
Team Selection dates
2nd October – 6th October 2022– Taupo
Date Friday 21st October – 24th October
Venue – QBE Stadium – North Harbour
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Achieved a minimum of NZRL Developing Trainer or National Trainer Accreditation preferred) or record of prior learning (Level 5 Sports Science or Fitness, with relevant rugby league strength and conditioning experience [1-3 years]).
• Experience in training women or girls is preferable
• A proven understanding of the concussion protocols, injury prevention, assessment, and treatment
• Have the ability to adapt sessions to meet the needs and expectations of team management and players
• Excellent communication skills that motivate and inspire (Charismatic)
• Support others to maximise and realize their potential
• Able to work as part of a multifaceted team
To register your interest in the above position, please email your Coaching C.V and Cover Letter to the NZRL LeagueSmart Manager (Shawn Stewart) firstname.lastname@example.org no later than EOB Friday 23rd September 2022 (The successful coaching staff will be required to undergo the NZRL Police Vetting protocols)