ABOUT NEW ZEALAND RUGBY LEAGUE
Rugby league has played a significant part in New Zealand sport for over 100 years. Formed in 1910, New Zealand Rugby League (NZRL) is the governing body for the sport of rugby league in New Zealand. The NZRL catchment is divided into seven zones that service the grassroots needs of the game. These zones compete in the National Championship, as well as women’s, youth and schools’ competitions.
NZRL manages the Kiwis and Kiwi Ferns who are both currently ranked number two in the world. NZRL is not just about success on the field – it is also charged with caring for a community off-field, promoting the values of integrity, respect, leadership, courage and passion. The “more than just a game” philosophy has seen NZRL establish innovative social development programmes using rugby league to help communities improve their lives off the field.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The NZRL The Football Operations Manager will be responsible for managing day to day operations and logistics for all NZRL Competitions, Tournaments and Events to ensure they comply with the NZRL rules and regulations as well as ensuring they are delivered to the very highest standard.
This includes managing all Football aspects of events including coordinating various requirements (match management, match officials etc) as well as arranging all logistical aspects such as flights, transport, accommodation, venues, fields, pre & post-match requirements etc.
You will develop and maintain relationships with key external partners and providers, various venue staff, Zone / District liaisons, local authorities as well as working closely with appropriate Zone, Districts and Associates personnel to ensure all football activities, initiatives and KPI’s are constantly driven and are of the highest standard.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES
- A proven background in operations, logistics and / or event management.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with diverse groups of participants and stakeholders.
- Be able to demonstrate innovative thinking, manage priorities and maintain performance under pressure.
- Ability to work independently as well as influencing and leading others.
- Relevant qualification or experience in sport development, project management, operations, logistics and / or business.
- A Passion for Rugby League and growing the sport in New Zealand.
- An understanding of the sports wider importance to New Zealand communities.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop, manage and deliver outstanding events and match day experiences for consumers of rugby league in New Zealand.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – Friday 14th December, 2018