CHIEF EXECUTIVE ROLE
1. Career Development Opportunity
2. Provide Strategic, Direction and Oversight
3. Leadership to Commercial and Community Stakeholders
Canterbury Rugby League (CRL) has built a strong and loyal following across the region over the past 110 years. The Canterbury wide grassroots Clubs are etched into the community that makes up this province’s rich sporting history. Our Game, our Community, our Future is the mantra for the local game, playing an important role influencing positive change and community resilience by using sport as a vehicle.
This is an exciting time for CRL, with a purpose-built home and the opportunity exists for a leader to leverage these opportunities enabling CRL to become an even stronger contributor to the growth of the sport locally and nationally.
Reporting to the Board Chair, you will be a strategic and commercially astute leader, taking overall responsibility for all activities of CRL, in line with its strategic, community and financial goals. You will engage with all current and potential stakeholders, translating ideas and innovation into action, further developing the public profile and long-term growth of CRL.
Understanding the dynamics of sport and a relevant tertiary qualification are highly desirable, however, superior communication skills with a track record of fostering stakeholder engagement with the ability to relate at all levels of the community will be essential.
To provide the level of leadership necessary to be successful in this role, the Chief Executive will possess the following attributes;
• An appreciation of the strategic issues facing sport and the potential for Rugby League to add value to the communities the game serves.• The ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with diverse stakeholder groups including core membership, commercial partners and the wider community.
• A commitment to continuous improvement and an organisational culture where accountability to stakeholders is measured by achievement of clearly defined outcomes.
• Sound working knowledge of financial reporting and performance management processes in order to provide competent management of local football operations.
• Able to maximise revenue generation opportunities via understanding of the sponsorship and/or funding sectors (marketing experience would be an advantage).
• A strong work ethic and willingness to ‘roll your sleeves up’ to get the job done with limited resources.
If you possess the qualities, passion and drive required to lead the CRL in its path forward and want to make the most of this significant and exciting opportunity please apply online.
A Position Description for the role is available on request to [email protected]
Applications close Monday 14th of March 2022.