Wellington Rugby League is seeking applicants for two Independent Directors and one Rugby League Knowledgeable Director (knowledge of and experience in the sport of Rugby League).
All board members need to understand confidentiality, work collaboratively, possess sound judgment, have good communication and be able to demonstrate leadership ability.
Candidates who have the skill sets set out below and who can bring an element of diversity, particularly gender, to the current board mix will be looked upon favourably by the Appointments Panel.
The Appointments Panel will be assessing candidates against a range of criteria, including but not limited to:
- Recent experience in governance as a director or board member.
- A strong connection to the game of rugby league either through playing, administration, management, coaching or other roles within the sport.
- Experience with business leadership in the private sector.
- Commercial skills that add value to the Board’s business.
- A strong network with demonstrated communications skills across the business and /or league community.
Time commitment and term
As a guide, we expect an average time commitment of 1.5–2 days each month per director.
We anticipate the roles starting on appointment.
Terms are four years, and directors are eligible for re-appointment for one further term.
To apply for this role please click here – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MJSHKNH
The closing date for applications is 19 June 2020.