JOB TITLE: NZRL Secondary School Girls Asst Coach
HOURS OF WORK: This is a voluntary role that requires a commitment of some weekend work and a camp for each campaign.
APPOINTMENT TERM: One (1) year plus an additional one (1) year pending campaign review.
REPORT TO: National Coaching & Development Manager, Head of Womens Rugby League and Head Coach
New Zealand Rugby League:
Rugby league has played a significant part in New Zealand sport for over 100 years. Formed in 1910, New Zealand Rugby League (NZRL) is the governing body for the sport of rugby league in New Zealand. With a commitment to growing the female game, providing positive experiences and opportunities for youth female players to participate in rugby league. The New Zealand Secondary Schools Girls representative teams contribute to the female pathway, which leads to and includes the NRLW and NZRL Kiwi Ferns.
The successful candidate will be appointed in the role of NZRL Secondary School Girls team Asst Coach.
New Zealand Rugby League goals:
Through our “More Than A Game” philosophy, NZRL aspires to transform lives and community wellbeing through Rugby League.
Underpinning this philosophy is The Kiwi Way.
We are diverse, we call New Zealand home and therefore, we are all Kiwis.
We are inclusive, respectful and humble
We are responsible
We are innovative and courageous
We are family first
We live and play The Kiwi Way every day
An NZRL Assistant Coach will perform their role with professionalism and integrity while supporting the agreed direction for the campaign. They will support the Head Coach by analysing the team’s strengths and work-on’s to contribute to their game strategies. The assistant coach will have sound rugby league knowledge and will work collaboratively with the Head Coach to achieve successful outcomes, both on and off the field. It is important to remember that this age group is making the transition from adolescents to adulthood. A variety of coaching methods are essential to meet the needs of each player. They will also demonstrate the ability to effectively lead and manage individuals and meet the desired targets set with the Head Coach and NZRL. The assistant coach will also assist in reviewing and evaluating the team and individuals performance against key performance indicators. This assistant coach position will cover the New Zealand Secondary School Girls campaigns.
KEY INFORMATION & DATES:
Team Selection dates
30th August – 3rd September 2022– Rotorua
Date Friday 21st October – 24th October
Venue – QBE Stadium – North Harbour
· Support and assist the Head Coach on cataloguing gear and equipment requirements specified in relation to training, conditioning and game day
· Support delivery of football programme
· Support and contribute with the Head Coach to ensure training sessions are well structured, and maximises the usage of time and resources available and provides drills and practices that enhance the player’s skill development and understanding of the game
• Assist at the end of campaign review (for both campaigns)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Skills and Qualifications:
• Senior Club Coach qualified no earlier than 2015
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Head Coach position at U18’s / Secondary School’s or above
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a coaching position at U18’s or above
• The ability to plan and prioritise their tasks and activities
• Strong communication and organisation skills
• Thorough knowledge of different coaching styles, approaches and techniques
• A sound understanding of Rugby League at a National & International level (NZ)
• Understand the characteristics and needs of the athletes being coached in relation to their stage of development
Planning and Reporting:
• Submit training details and game plan/book within a set timeframe
• Provide weekly work-in-progress meetings with relevant football and NZRL staff
• Prepare a report in NZRL prescribed format to be completed within the agreed deadline
• Highly motivated and determined
• Consultative and collaborative
• Can coach the Kiwi Way by possessing positive relational and performance character strengths
• Team focused
• Enables others to perform their roles to the best of their ability
• Possesses a Hauora approach to developing people
To register your interest in the above position, please email your Coaching C.V and Cover Letter to the National Coaching and Development Manager (Dan Keepa) email@example.com no later than EOB Friday 23rd September 2022 (The successful coaching staff will be required to undergo the NZRL Police Vetting protocols)