NZRL seeking a National Coaching Education Manager
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The National Coaching Education Manager is responsible for researching and identifying best practice coaching models as well as the overall development and implementation of the NZRL coach development programmes partnering with the coaching and development staff within Zones/Districts to deliver the plan. You will also develop coaching resources to support the NZRL coach accreditation programmes to ensure that a strong pipeline of coaches are progressing from the grassroots through the system.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES
- Previous rugby league coaching experience in a national or professional environment is desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead, communicate and develop people and apply knowledge and skill in a range of areas.
- Proven experience in identifying coaching capability gaps and developing development plans to address.
- Sound skills in Microsoft Office products: Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver instructional presentation.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written as well as strong organisational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Sound interpersonal and people management skills, including the ability to interact with people at all levels from the community game through to HP.
This is an exciting opportunity to identify and develop best coaching models and deliver them through the coaching and development staff within the Zones and Districts.
ABOUT NEW ZEALAND RUGBY LEAGUE
Rugby league has played a significant part in New Zealand sport for over 100 years. Formed in 1910, New Zealand Rugby League (NZRL) is the governing body for the sport of rugby league in New Zealand. The NZRL catchment is divided into seven zones that service the grassroots needs of the game. These zones compete in the National Premiership / Championship, as well as women’s, youth and schools’ competitions.
NZRL is not just about success on the field – Through its “More Than A Game” philosophy, NZRL aspires to transform lives and community wellbeing through Rugby League. Underpinning this philosophy is The Kiwi Way. We are diverse, we call New Zealand home and therefore we are all Kiwis, We live and play The Kiwi Way –all day/every day.
- We are inclusive, respectful and humble.
- We are responsible
- We are innovative and courageous
- We are family first
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – Wednesday 24th July, 2019
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted on behalf of New Zealand Rugby League to manage the recruitment for this position. To apply, please click here or send your resume and cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org