ABOUT NEW ZEALAND RUGBY LEAGUE:
Rugby league has played a significant part in New Zealand sport for over 100 years. Formed in 1910, New Zealand Rugby League (NZRL) is the governing body for the sport of rugby league in New Zealand. The NZRL catchment is divided into seven zones that service the grassroots needs of the game. These zones compete in the National Championship, as well as women’s, youth and schools’ competitions.
NZRL manages the Kiwis and Kiwi Ferns who are both currently ranked number two in the world. NZRL is not just about success on the field – it is also charged with caring for a community off-field, promoting the values of integrity, respect, leadership, courage and passion. The “more than just a game” philosophy has seen NZRL establish innovative social development programmes using rugby league to help communities improve their lives off the field.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
You will be the key driver in supporting the community / grassroots game through adopting a proactive can-do approach to assisting the Zones and Districts in the delivery of the game as well as ensuring regular communication from NZRL to the game on Community Programmes and initiatives which you will be responsible for developing and implementing.
You will develop resources and implement sustainable best practice processes with the objective of increasing overall participation and consumers of the game of rugby league in New Zealand as well as building strong relationships with the zones / district personnel to inform and maintain national alignment and consistency across all NZRL Community Programmes.
You will also be the primary contact within NZRL for the operational relationship with external funders and Government agencies as well as helping to secure funding from potential new funding partners for the Community Game.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES
- A fundamental understanding of Community Sport and ideally experience within Rugby League.
- Outstanding relationship management skills and experience with diverse stakeholders.
- Proven background with successfully managing internal and external stakeholder relationships that have been critical to the achievement of targets.
- Understanding of community sport funding processes and developing programmes that can attract investment from external agencies is preferred.
- Experience developing and delivering both strategic and operational plans.
- A team player who can work in a collaborative and supportive manner.
- Excellent project management and administrative competency
- Willingness to take ownership and be accountable for results
This is an exciting opportunity to support the community / grassroots game and increase overall participation and consumers of rugby league in New Zealand.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – Friday 14th December, 2018
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted by New Zealand Rugby League to manage the recruitment process for this appointment. Please contact Richard Stenhouse – Managing Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to submit your application here.