Canterbury Rugby League (CRL) is the regional organisation charged with leading, developing, promoting and fostering Rugby League in Canterbury. CRL has built a strong and loyal following across the Canterbury region for over 100 years. As an organisation CRL plays an important role within the community by delivering on its strategic plan, CRL will continue to build on its rich history and create a bright future for the game.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Lead the development and promotion of rugby league in primary, intermediate and secondary schools.
The primary focus of the Development Officer is the delivery of Canterbury Rugby League’s youth and junior coaching and development plan within the Canterbury District. They will also be required to assist in the overall planning and delivery of training to all coaches, however, their primary focus will be upon developing and supporting youth coaches in the club setting.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience in a sport development role (minimum 1-2 years) is preferable but not essential.
- Relevant tertiary training and/or qualification.
- Have a passion for delivering sport to youth.
- An understanding of sport and education settings in New Zealand.
- Be an outstanding communicator, be able to present to a wide variety of people.
- Have excellent inter-personal skills.
- Have strong (and timely) reporting skills.
- Be able to deliver (high quality) programmes in an educational setting at all levels.
- A sound knowledge of Canterbury Rugby League, its goals and objectives.
- Confidence dealing with clubs, youth, volunteers and local authorities and community groups.
- Good computer skills.
For a copy of the Job Description please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please click here
If you require any further information please contact Duane Fyfe on 021-994-494.