What’s the situation?
The board of Wellington Rugby League has been busy developing its strategic plan aimed at growing Rugby League in the greater Wellington region. We have great relationships with our key stakeholders and are about to renew our MOU with Sport Wellington.
It’s a great time to join us as our new General Manager who will work with the board and staff to move the game forward in leaps and bounds, implementing our new strategy and driving the success train forward.
The strategy is in place, we know what we want to achieve; you’ll be joining us to work out exactly how we achieve it, implement it and smash it!
Are you our GM?
This is a key role promoting and supporting rugby league communities throughout the Wellington region to develop the game, deliver our core strategies and increase participation. Although experience with Rugby League isn’t essential, as a New Zealander, you probably care a great deal about the game and sport in general.
You’ll understand the challenges here in Wellington and the importance of having amazing relationships with all your stakeholders; the clubs, fundraisers and of course Rugby League itself.
It goes without saying that you’ll have a strong work ethic and willingness to ‘roll your sleeves up’ to get the job done with limited resources. You’ll also likely have:
• An appreciation of the strategic issues facing sport and the potential for Rugby League to add value to the communities the game serves.
• A proven track record developing and maintain positive working relationships with diverse stakeholder groups.
• Sound working knowledge of financial reporting and performance management processes in order to provide competent operational management of the Wellington Zone.
• An ability to drive change and positively influence culture.
• The ability to maximise revenue generation opportunities via understanding of the sponsorship and/or funding sectors (marketing experience would be an advantage).
• Experience managing staff, volunteers and contractors with a leadership record.
What’s in it for you?
So you’re keen (as you should be), it sounds like a great opportunity, so you’re wondering “what’s in it for me?” If having the opportunity to really make your mark, surrounded by other like-minded sporting people as you establish your own brand and leadership through Rugby League here in Wellington isn’t enough, how about adding a company car and phone to the mix? You’ll receive a competitive salary along with the satisfaction of doing something you love on a daily basis.
Have we just described your dream job? Has your stomach done that little flip of excitement it does when you finally find what you’ve been looking for? Do you have the experience and the drive we need to make this work?
If so, send your detailed C.V and a cover letter to Darren.firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us, whether it’s to talk about the role in general or to discuss salary – we want to hear from you!