| Essentials Training Programme
| Player Profile
| Training Videos
Profiling players is about knowing your players so you can meet
their needs, and it also gives you the information you need to
make informed decisions.
It helps you to:
• Identify players at risk of injury
• Match players to the position and/or grade most suited to
• Identify factors that may make players prone to injury
• Provide ways to measure fitness
• Assess the effectiveness of a rehabilitation programme
• Identify factors that may be affecting players' performance.
e.g. work demands
• Prepare emergency plans
• Plan your training sessions
Collect your Player Profiles and keep them in a folder. Have
this folder at all games and trainings and keep it confidential. A
player can ask to see their own sheet and take it with them if they
change clubs or teams.
LeagueSmart, in conjunction with ACC's SportSmart has four
different player profiles available, depending on the level
of rugby league you are playing.